RJ is Back!

|
That is why my baby, my 12” G4 laptop, never leaves my side even for a quick trip to the bathroom. The recent electrical cord incident showed me how invaluable a tool it is for my work. My workstyle depends on my laptop so much that not having access to it brought my creative output to a screeching halt. I tried to continue my work using the public computers at the Aliso Viejo Library and it wasn’t the same because I had to sit there for an entire session. When working, I usually walk around and engage all my senses just to keep it stimulated. Some of the best creative sessions I’ve had was at a place where there is much sensory input like a Price Club - hearing the bustle of business, touching the merchandise, seeing the colorful displays and sometimes tasting food samples all create a sensory concoction that kicks in my creative juices.
 
The last time I made an entry I wrote about the cord being repaired. Just this afternoon, I returned from a trip to Irvine and a visit with a gentleman referred to me by my friend Frank. It turns out that this gentleman used to work for the Russian Space Program. Using parts from two different cords, he was able to Frankenstein-rig one for me in 30 minutes. The Apple cord is not just any kind of cord. It has its own power supply and other gadgetry.
 
As for our friend Joe who first tried fixing the cord, it appears he was over-qualified for the task. I mentioned that he served in the US Navy. I wasn’t clear about his MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) but had a better idea when I received the cord back and it appeared roughed-up and softened up just a little. If it were a person, he or she would have been ready to spill the beans. Here are the facts: First, Joe was medically discharged from the US Navy. Second, the incident that caused the injury was in a hot spot in Iraq. Third, he was trying to apprehend a terrorist. Fourth, he has the tattoo of an operator. Given those facts, I think his experience with electricity is the variety that is now being debated in the highest places of our government.
 
We thank you for your help, Joe.