Shea Case thrown out ...

|
I just returned from the court this morning for the hearing on the “Demurrer” and “Motion to Strike” filed by Shea Properties/Gough. Without getting a copy of the “Order” my understanding is this – 1) That the case has been terminated. 2) That there is still an opportunity to file another case because of statutes of limitations. 3) That I am to expect a proposed order from the Defendants. 


But anyway I look at this, I have lost this case – at least for now. It is definitely not the result that I wanted. But, as I have said many times - this is a first class education and I will be looking for the opportunity to learn and grow.

I was outside reading the “Tentative Ruling” when Gregory Beam (Atty Gough’s Counsel) walked up to me and remarked with a sneer, “Looks like it’s the end of the road for you”. “Lucky you”, I replied after digesting the words on the page and realizing that this particular case has ended. “Luck had nothing to do with it. Now, do you have a check for $2700?”’ he asked referring to the cost of crafting the “Motion to Strike”. I only had enough money for a bus ride back in my pocket, so I replied, “I have exactly $1.25 in my pocket, but I am not going to give it to you today”, I replied. He walked away and as he turned to enter the courtroom, he looked at me and said, “See, I told you, you should have dropped this case.”

The first meeting I had with Mr. Beam, months prior, was the embodiment of the testosterone-brimming realm of the courtroom. He called me outside rolling his pointer finger towards him like a tyrant would call a subordinate. The first words from his mouth were, “If you don’t drop this case against my client, (Attorney Gough), I will file a counter-suit against you for filing a frivolous lawsuit. He noted many laws that give lawyers immunity from prosecution. To which I replied, “even the President of the United States does not have immunity if he commits fraud”.

It was a tough case that was made even tougher because of the unexpected life changing circumstances. I filed this particular case in November of ’07. By February the next year I was homeless. By April, I was living in a car. Had I known, what the future was going to bring, I would have waited for the right situation. At least, until such time that I can have a place to live and work so I can project a competent and a fierce fight. The resources were so scarce that I haven’t even sent them a single request for production of documents. Much of my allegations hinges on the documents that they have in their possession. Those same documents are the very subject of the cover-up that I have alleged. If ever I get my hands on those documents, the whole thing will change in my favor.

Nevertheless, the first round goes to them. I’ll file another lawsuit whenever appropriate. Certain statutes of limitations have yet to expire. This time, it will be in Federal Court.