Roman - Rest In Peace

|
I had breakfast with my 16-year-old daughter, Ashley, today. And that was when she broke the very sad news to me. A dear family friend, a nice 23-year-old gentleman by the name of Roman had recently died in a drowning accident while swimming in a lake in California. The information about the incident is sketchy at best. But from what I’ve gathered his body hasn’t been found. There were efforts to recover his body but the search operation was called off because of a boat race that was scheduled.

I have never heard anything so outrageous in my entire life; it's revolting. Had it been any of the racer’s body missing in the lake, they would have moved heaven and earth to find it and give the family a semblance of peace. I’m going to try to get to the bottom of this whole thing. And if there is even a smidgen of wrongdoing, some people will have to answer to this. I want to know: Who was responsible for calling off the search effort and why was it called off too soon?