Not a Homeless No More ....

|
If things work out as I have planned, that should have been the last night that I slept in my car. Some weeks ago, I bumped into an old Bankruptcy Attorney friend of mine, David. We exchanged numbers, but I was just heads down busy trying to get all my briefs prepared that I wasn’t able to get a hold of him until last night. The library was just about to close (5 PM) and I was barely able to shoot off an email to him. My salutations also included a short narrative about my indigence.  Expecting a reply the next day, off I went to my next destination – another place where I could sit down with my laptop to continue with my work.  

So, I went to Barnes & Noble to try to finish off a couple of legal briefs but could not find a table that was vacant – Friday night. As I was reading a book, David walked over to me confirming that he just received my email. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least and the chance meeting only got better as we continued talking. On the spot he offered me his spare bedroom.

With the offer made and accepted, I slept in my favorite spot one last night to savor the experience. David offered me a place to stay for a month. The advantages of which are enormous. I now have a place to live and work; things that have now merged seamlessly. It seems, I now live to work and to finish off the fights that I have started.

As I write this entry, I am sitting in his condo – in air-conditioned comfort watching the Men’s Field Hockey game between Australia and Netherlands on a plasma television. In 30 days, I hope to get myself back on my feet and be able to afford a place to live and even perhaps a place to work. It will be a tough slug considering all the lawsuits I have on docket but quite realistic. Nevertheless, today is a great day. Thanks to my friend, David.