Residue of War

|
Most every Saturdays I usually go to see my Mom at her home. And while there I also take the opportunity to wash my car and clothes. It’s not a comfortable event for me as the very house my mother lives in is also the very house that I was evicted from by my brother and his wife. Every now and again, I've been able to sleep there when my chores had me working until the evening - a permissive indulgence by my Mother. But there is always an indescribable feeling that comes over me - very raw feelings based on knowing that my brother can always call the Sheriff’s Department and have me removed or even worse. The agitation usually remains with me long after I left the community.
 
While there today, I saw something interesting and worthy of a picture. Over the last few days I’ve accumulated empty bottles of my favorite go-go juice – Tejava Tea - that I was planning to bring to the recycling center for a redemption of $0.10 each. Before washing my car, I unloaded all of it and placed it in columns. The imagery reminded me of spent cartridges amassed by an artillery battery right after a salvo of steel rain on enemy positions. The image was striking to me as it showed me how much caffeine I consume - about 2 bottles a day. It also made me take pause as I realized that a new phase of my war has begun, committing a salvo of legal projectiles. Some of which will be sent my brother's way.
 
VIEW IMAGE OF TEJAVA COLUMN