A post from Silicon Valley

|
This month’s installment of “Yestradamus” will be delayed by a few days. As I write this, I am actually sitting at a Starbucks in Silicon Valley, CA. I was offered by a friend to help him pick up some tents at a number of REI Stores in Northern CA for resale on Ebay. I jumped on the opportunity as I saw it as a chance for me to do two things. First, I wanted to see how viable it is for me to establish an Ebay Store with my kids. Second, I wanted to start scouting the area for a potential place to work, live and play. 

My goal of reforming the legal system hinges on the development of very high quality and uncomplicated Internet technologies. At the very spot I am sitting, Santa Clara County, commonly called Silicon Valley, is America’s technological backbone and the center for just about every major technical breakthrough in the area of computer sciences. It is the home to many technology companies like Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Ebay, Google, Intel, AMD, Cisco, Novell, Sun Computers just to mention a few. A few miles from here are the incubators for some of the next generation technologies in the form of high caliber universities like Stanford University and UC Berkeley. My dream of changing how the legal system does business is akin to pushing the earth off its axis – there are powerful forces working against me. The only way I could achieve this difficult goal is to assemble a group of world-class thinkers and doers. I figured that for it to happen, I must come to them.
 
I will post some pictures in the next day or so and report on what I’ve discovered.