The New Look

|
We have just given the Robert’s Justice site a new look. What the revamped appearance does not show is the technology behind the website. In the months previous, we have added other features such as picture, video posts and others. As we learn more about the other uses of this powerful medium, the more we discover new ways to create a unique experience for our readers. 
 
In the coming months, new technologies will be acquired and incorporated to create a new kind of media that merges information, entertainment and advocacy of issues that are important to our times. In many ways, my experiences bring into focus an unfortunate breach in our social support systems. Because of a confluence of circumstances, I was unable to keep up my child support payments. As an enforcement action, the Child Support Services suspended my California Real Estate Salesperson’s License in March 2008 and have recently threatened to revoke my CA Driver’s License on the 5th of April 2009. Both licenses are critically important to my livelihood and my ability to care for my children, wholly contradicting their obligation to their constituents - to protect America’s children. After my way of earning a living was taken away by our government, the most that I was able to arrange in terms of financial support from them was three month’s worth of food stamps at $162.00 per month, eliciting an old Reagan dictum, “I am very suspicious of big government”.
 
If I am not able to solve these issues that currently face me – most of which are machinations of antiquated laws - there cannot be a source of financial support for my children, much less a comfortable retirement in the future. So, as the days pass, it becomes ever clearer that I am actually solving the problem of social security at a micro level. The more that I immerse myself in this problem the more convinced I am that Social Security is best solved in the private sector away from the incompetent hands of government(s).
 
One important element of that puzzle is the body of laws that we are subject to. Just about every important event in a person’s life intersects with the law. If a person dies, there is probate. If there is a divorce, there is family law. If there is an issue on taxation, there are tax laws, so on and so forth. If not attended to appropriately, any of which could bring about an individual’s financial downfall.
 
As of this message, anything that I posses, or wish to own in the future can be taken away from me by creditors, government agencies and others who have yet to make themselves known. So, by New Year, I am starting in the financial red and will scratch and fight my way out of a very deep financial hole and work to get back what I used to have and more.  Much of the battleground will be the laws that we have in the books. It is my belief that we cannot have true justice unless we are assured of three things – security from harm (personal and property), social justice and a fair opportunity for financial independence. We don’t always have the answers to all these complex questions, but if we must we’ll invent the new ways of doing things. It cannot be business as usual.
 
All the best,
 
Robert Lacambra
December 31, 2009
Aliso Viejo, California