Balance Sheet

|
The first rule of investing is never lose capital. For this purpose, the word capital is interpreted to include cash and assets that could be converted to cash. I wanted to create a "Balance Sheet" to figure out where I am financially. A Balance Sheet is a statement of financial position that includes assets, liabilities and ownership position. I want to know how much in the negative I am, so I know what to do to get out of my financial hole and how to do it.

At this point, anything that I own is vulnerable to creditors, government agencies and other entities that I may not even be aware of. So, the first order of business on the first Sunday of the year 2009 is to find out by requesting information from credit reporting companies and tax authorities. I have been living on the road for approximately 6 months now and have lapses in residence that have kept me under their radars. Now that I have a new address (UPS Store), I can inform them of my whereabouts. That way, we can determine who is owed and how much. That also sends a message that I am not hiding. The easiest way to achieve that is to request a copy of my credit report, which is provided by the credit bureaus every year at no charge. Then, we can start negotiating with creditors and if required fight them in court. The mission is to be able to get back on the road to prosperity without filing Bankruptcy Protection.

I wrote the following organizations:

INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE 
FRANCHISE TAX BOARD (CALIFORNIA) 
EXPERIAN 
TRANSUNION 
EQUIFAX 
CHEXSYSTEMS
CERTIFICATE OF MAILING