Robert's Briefing - Consolidating Tweets

|
I came from the mortgage banking industry and had a somewhat naive view of the legal industry. When my legal adventures started, I thought that litigation was wholly about advancing someone's rights. I've since found that it isn’t always true. In the eyes of many litigators, civil actions are a form of high stakes investing. You put in money and a lot of effort in hopes of realizing a return on your investment. A high profile civil case will cost upwards of $1Million just to get the case to trial. So, it is a wonder for many people I am acquainted with how it is that I can continue my work and live in this manner - an indigent.

I keep trying to convince people that I have a job. It’s just that I don’t have the income that goes along with the effort - at least for now. Unfortunately, there are only two ways for me to make money with any of my civil actions. I either have to settle or get my case through trial and secure a favorable verdict. I am now convinced, though, that not one of my cases will ever settle. That’s a function of my desire to have my story told in hopes that it prevents the same thing from happening to another individual. On the other side of the coin, my opposition - with all their high arrogance - will never let a little guy such as myself win in court.

So, while I struggle with my litigation work, I have to take odd jobs here and there just so that I can have my basic needs met. I spent the last couple of days producing a website and a proposal for a security and surveillance company after another friend showed him a website I was developing. That will be the third site that I will have developed. Amazingly, the whole thing has evolved  into a part-time business that may fund my legal battles.

In an effort to keep myself informed about current events, I recently established a “Twitter” account and began following over 500 individuals and companies. The information that goes through my account is simply impossible to keep up with, in spite of the short and concise entries required by the 140 letter limit set by Twitter. Information management then becomes an essential part of my day. Knowing what to read is just as important as knowing what not to read. I was recently inspired by a website introduced by Greta Van Susteran that consolidated Tweets. She calls the website “Greta’s Wall”. Having seen that, it challenged me to figure out a way to manage my Twitter account and the deluge of information that gets sent to my box.

I had a few days to work on it and ended up creating something I found to be useful. I created a site much like Greta’s and found a way to consolidate Tweets based on my personal preference. I call it the
“ROBERT’S BRIEFING”. Currently, I have my wall limited to 5 different boxes - that’s about all the time that I could spend on the project at the moment. So far the categories include: ROBERT’S TWEETS, CNBC, FOX NEWS, MOTORSPORTS and AMERICAN LAW.

Some of the people who viewed my new site gave me a glimpse at what the potential might be. Accordingly, I have made plans to create other categories. We are thinking it through and more is certainly on the way. I'm convinced that the quality of the site will only improve as I figure out a way to put this all together. In the coming days or whenever time allows, I will be developing the site to include other influence centers such as:

WALL STREET - from Wall Street firms, personalities and financial news
SILICON VALLEY - from the movers and shakers of Silicon Valley
HOLLYWOOD - from personalities of the entertainment world
THE TITANS - from the Captains of Industry
SPORTS - from the athletes around the world
REPUBLICAN - from candidates and personalities from the right
DEMOCRAT - from candidates and personalities from the left
NATIONAL NEWS - from major papers and consolidators on the web
GOVERNMENT - from our leaders in Washington DC

If you are curious, here are two sites that you can follow for interesting, stimulating and useful Tweets.