Another confrontation at the Cup

|
Saturday evening at about 730PM. I was the Cup working on my computer and listening to the live music. I stepped out for a few minutes to stretch out and get some fresh air. On the way back, Aaron, the son of the previous owner (the Cup is under new ownership) was outside. I said, Hello. A simple and cordial conversation turned into another macho display. “We can’t have that”. He was referring to the fight the other day with a gentleman who was playing his computer too loudly. “I can’t have my sister and the girls getting between men and fights. And one of the ladies said that you got behind the counter and got snippy with them because you didn’t get your order.” Off course, none of what he said was true. I let loose of the guy who I had in a headlock. Furthermore, I have never crossed the line that places a person behind the counter. I told him that he should come to me whenever there is such an accusation. It was way after the fact and I could not question my accuser. I also said, “You have the tape why don’t you look at it?” The cafe has a surveillance system that records activities behind the counter. It would have been easy to resolve.

His family, after 6 years of running the Cup, decided to sell the business. Running a cafe is a tough thing to do during a recession. I would think that people would be averse to purchasing a $4.00 cup of specialty coffee under those circumstances. That is not a mystery. I am aware of many restaurant closures as a result of this. What perplexes me is the hostile conditions that he is now trying to create considering I have been a great customer for over three years. 
Here’s what I know: His father, Steve, works for a lab run by none other than the Department of Justice (DOJ). The thing is, the FBI, my nemesis, falls under the umbrella of the DOJ. So, I can't help but ask - Was he under orders to instigate something with me? Is he trying to get me kicked out before he departs - a scorched earth tactic? Stay tuned. I have a feeling there will be a final confrontation before he leaves.