Hydrogen

|
September 8th is a very special day for me. Many important things have occurred on this date. On the same day in 1993, I founded a company called Capital America Corporation, a mortgage company that specialized in providing mortgage financing to entrepreneurs and self-employed individuals. I managed and operated that company until my divorce in December of 2002.

On the same day in the year 1996, my life was made the better by the arrival of my son, Nelson Warren Lacambra who celebrates his 12th birthday today. To all his close friends and relatives he goes by the nickname Boo2 (pronounced Boo-Boo). Happy 12th Birthday, son.

To continue with the tradition, I wish to announce the founding today of "HYDROGEN LACAMBRA", an organization whose goal is to advance hydrogen based technologies to power industry, communities and transportation - to try to wean America from its dependence on foreign oil.


A couple of years ago, Nelson expressed his desire to study at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis and become a Naval Officer. Fast forward many years from now and global petro-politics has gone dirty and ugly and some third world punk from an oil rich country says that he will take over the "Strait of Hormuz" and cut off America's oil supply. It has always been this country's policy to protect its access to oil and will not stand for that kind of nonsense. I'm a little too old to sign up for boot camp even today. But, chances are my son will be stationed somewhere and will be ordered to diffuse that situation and/or protect the nation's interest. A highly volatile situation like that can always escalate to something out of control requiring naval projection of the nation's military might. Here's a way to mitigate that - let's find a way to develop our own energy source independent from the increasingly competitive and unpredictable world of global petro-politics.

I am a passionate Motorsports Enthusiast. One of my lifelong goals is to go to Circuit De La Sarthe in Le Sarthe, France and race in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I want to campaign a self-funded privateer race team and win our class outright using a hydrogen-powered car piloted by my son Nelson, my daughter Ashley and myself.


I dedicate this effort to my children - my babies - whom I hope never see a day of war in their life.