A victory, perhaps ...

|
In aggregate, all the cases I am trying is a huge war with many little battles in between. This is one tiny victory to be happy about.

I got an interesting message from Susan L. Angell, Esq., the attorney for my brother. She claimed that she is no longer representing my brother, his wife, my brother’s wife’s sister, and my other brother. She was responding to some moving papers that I served her including a “Motion to Consolidate” (Mad Cow with Unprofessionals) and a “Request for Default Judgment”. I am very skeptical about this revelation and have decided to take this news with guarded optimism until I can confirm that this is in fact what transpired. The court will have to give me notice to this effect.

Just a few days ago, I appeared in Judge Bank’s courtroom for a “Motion to Disqualify Counsel”, meaning to try to get Ms. Angell taken off as the opposing counsel. Part of the package I sent was a “Subpoena Duces Tecum” – a court order to produce documents - requiring her to bring the alleged “Tenancy Agreement” to the hearing. The motion was denied. But as expected, she did not show up because to do so would implicate her in the "Fraud" of producing a fabricated document. Because she is now a Defendant in the case, I have a suspicion that she excused herself as counsel so she can focus her attacks on my brother and his wife and pin the blame entirely on them. There is no such thing as honor among thieves. When things get a little hot under the collar, it’s everyone for themselves. She has a lot to lose and will probably maneuver her defense so all the blame is cast on someone else.

David, the lawyer I am staying with, said that I am an attorney’s worse nightmare. She probably doesn’t know it yet but Attorney Angell’s nightmare is just beginning.