Plundering Pirates ...

|

Lacambra vs. Public Storage is now on docket at the Central Justice Center in Santa Ana. It took about two days for me to do the preliminary research and draft the complaint. Because I only have until the 10th of June to stop the “Lien Sale” of my properties in storage, I left out a lot of details. It will be added on to the Amended Complaint. The moment the opposing counsel sees that I am representing myself, they’re certain to file a Demurrer or a Motion to Strike or even both to try to set the tone and exert their superiority. 

I asked the Sheriff’s Department to serve the Complaint and Summons. To comply to the court rules, I also had to attach an “ADR Packet” (Alternative Dispute Resolution). This is very important, because if it wasn’t included, the file clerk will not accept my Proof of Service. Every time you send the opposition any papers that you file in court, you have to show the court that you mailed it. Hence, the Proof of Service; it proves that you actually sent a copy to the opposition.

After I filed the case with the court, I immediately mailed an “Opposition to the Lien Sale” by Certified Mail. By law, they had to send me a fill in the blank form declaring my opposition to the sale. This should automatically cause them to file an action so they can get an order from the court allowing them to sell my property. As soon as I get this notice, and it will be a case against me, I will file a “Motion for Consolidation” so both cases can be heard by the same judge.

Here’s how I opened this particular case:

PRELIMINARY STATEMENT

To some renters, a public-storage facility is a “Treasure Chest” of priceless personal possessions. Within four walls and protected from others only by lock and key are some of the most precious belongings a person owns – a memory frozen in time by pictures; an award for something proudly achieved; mementos and trinkets that can lighten the heart and papers that can never be replaced.  To deceive a public into storing valuables in their premises and swindling them into losing their possessions for financial gain is as abominable as the plundering “Pirates” of the past who were erased from the seven seas by the chasing ships of civilized jurisprudence.