UN Women - Southern Comfort

|

The FBI was her refuge. It allowed her to escape her old life, to assume a different identity so nobody can call on her and ask her to explain. She is a woman whom by an act of nature cannot have sexual relations with a man. She is a special kind of wonderful.
She sat in front of me at a cafe, looking disheveled and carrying a cat in a cage. She said that she was in between homes and was effectively living in her car - if only temporarily. Several more chance meetings around town finally cemented a friendship. First, we went on a number of excursions to Laguna Beach. Then, eventually, we went on lunches and then dinners.

She is the prototypical female agent of the FBI. But I can say that she is definitely not a “UN Woman”. She was not trained to carry out such missions but capable if required, nonetheless.  Like most of their recruits, she has quiet a physical presence, potentially able to subdue a criminal if engaged in a scuffle. But even more valuable to the Bureau is her commitment and allegiance to their mission. I was under the distinct impression that she would carry out a superior’s directive without question including an order to seduce a man.

She has brown hair, blue eyes and an amazing smile. I used to tease her, “Can you smile for me, please. I just want to see your smile.” Sometimes she would and sometimes she’d simply ask me why and keep a parsed lip.

The second team of FBI operatives were deployed, in effect, to clean up the mess created by the previous team. Part of their mission is to fashion a particular profile of me that wasn’t conducive to public sympathy and support. How does one explain a person who claims he is an indigent having a nice dinner at a restaurant? Every now and again I would come upon some money for writing projects and website designs. One particular project netted me $200 which the FBI was aware of through listening devises and electronic communications. The call from her came within a day of the largesse (That’s a considerable amount for an indigent). She came to the Neighborhood Cup all dressed up and nowhere to go. After a lengthy conversation, she said “I want to go out, tonight”, in a demanding manner. Put in those terms, what was a man to say? I yearn to get back to a normal life. At that point I’ve already gone out with her several times and have genuinely enjoyed her company to the extent one can with a foe. I make it a point to be close to their people. Many are so undisciplined that if you let them talk enough, there will be a Freudian slip and some sort of spilling of beans.

The manipulations were quite subtle. From several choices, we ended up at the Stadium Brewery in Aliso Viejo. Her mission for that evening were two-fold. First, to deplete as much of my funds as possible. Second, to parade me as a fraud - a homeless guy only by act. At the restaurant waiting were members of their “identity theft experts” who were there to witness me having dinner with a woman. These are people who already live in the city and have a considerable circle of influence. Their job is to say, as many times to as many people as possible, about the day they saw the homeless Asian man eating at an expensive establishment. The inference is that any form of financial support for ROBERTS|JUSTICE will end up misappropriated and used to pay for a decadent lifestyle. Just to play into their plans, I was more than happy to indulge and had a glass of wine with the dinner.

There is much fun to be had in my situation. There is a certain exhilaration defying danger. At this point, if they had something on me, I would be already in jail. The only thing that they have to explain to a jury in the future is why I ended up a victim of “cruel and unusual punishment”. Prison is nothing to fear. It could be a good place to educate myself. I know of prisoners who learned the law while incarcerated. It is a known fact that some of the best constitutional lawyers are prisoners representing themselves on very tough criminal cases. The FBI is here to clean up a mess and to try to induce me into a criminal act. It isn’t any wonder that I am always in a desperate situation, the result of sabotaged business deals and all their intricate counter-intelligence nonsense. So, every opportunity for me to observe their entrapment activities is an interesting event. It makes me sharper.

We were having a conversation one evening and out of nowhere she said, “I want to have sex dammit!” That wasn’t surprising to me at all. One of the things that they have been trying to do is make me look like a low class male prostitute (To be discussed in a different blog post). She didn’t direct it at me but I was the only one there to hear her. I recalled a line from a movie and I told her that “I was gonna make her meow at the moon like a cat, that I was going to make her bark at the moon.” She looked tempted.

I was somehow able to diffuse that situation knowing that I was going to sleep with the enemy. There have been people framed with very minute quantities of body fluid found at a crime scene. I wasn’t going to be one of those poor miserable people sitting in a jail cell unjustly convicted because of a DNA match. Being on the receiving end of their dirty work, I wasn’t going to let that past me.

I slept at her apartment one time, in her living room and nothing happened. I was waiting for an advance from her, for an assault and it never happened. I wasn’t going to do anything that will allow the FBI to put me away for good. All she had to do was to scream in distress and a swarm of cops would be all over me and it will be game over. It wasn’t going to happen.

My experiences with her gave me my first sense of how the FBI uses voice actors and faked electronic transmissions. Once they have a subject labeled as an enemy of the state, anything is permissible. That is why they go to incredible lengths to get that status on their cases. In some situations, all it took was that the person originated from another country.

Some strange things have happened over the last couple years that confirms a lack of ethical and morale guidepost among those who’ve been working my case. Early on during my homelessness, there was a friend from out of state who promised to advance me a small amount of money to help me get on my feet. For some reason we could not connect for days after he made that promise. We played the worse case of phone tag possible. Finally, I got a call from him explaining that he was not able to send the money, that something came up. This was despite assurances from him that I was not imposing. The last conversation was very strange, however. It was as if I was talking to the same voice but not the same person. There was a lack of depth in the conversation and a certain detachment from experiences that people with a history together can expect. We played for our high school soccer team together and go back a long way. To intensify my suspicions he just recently passed away in his mid-40’s.

There were other anomalies. There were friends who were warm and then strangely distant all of a sudden. There were overseas calls from friends who as we were saying good-bye would make references to highly deviant behaviour that we supposedly participated in. All of which could be played to an audience to shape or manipulate an opinion.

I was at a fast-food restaurant when she showed up. She appeared perturbed and dispensed with the pleasantries in short order. Then, she said “I can’t believe you said that” and then she stormed off and have remained sporadically aloof since. I am aware of the technologies available to the FBI whenever they conduct investigations. That’s principally why I don’t carry a cellphone anymore. Apart from being able to pinpoint my location via GPS, it can also capture conversations even if it is turned-off. Because of all the irregularities that I have been experiencing, I felt that getting rid of the cell phone was necessary. That way it can be said that if I was attributed to saying something on a phone, it is deniable because of the phone’s absence. All messages are now sent to a Google Voice number which keeps a record of all incoming texts and voice messages. But even that does not give me peace of mind. Anything digital can be altered.

In the last couple of years, I have made a point to learn as much as I can about the Bureau’s tactics and technology. I am aware of super bugs and parabolic mics that they deploy to intercept conversations. But much of their technologies are classified. So, I have been very careful with things that I say. I have never really said anything caustic about her, knowing that she would be on the opposite side of the table when it comes to the trial. That was why when she acted in that manner, I knew that my voice was imitated by a voice actor.

What makes her different from the other “UN Women” is the incredible cunning she possesses. She speaks with a distinct mid-western accent, but in fact, she is from the deep South. It’s common for their agents to develop a cover accent. From my perspective, her greatest cover job was to try to get in the Bureau. She had to get away from home, her peers and from a culture that became burdensome to her. She came from a small town where everyone talks and she has a secret that nobody knows about. It took me a while to figure this out, and I say this with all the respect and affection for her because there was nothing that she could have done about her situation. The FBI was her refuge. It allowed her to escape her old life, to assume a different identity so nobody can call on her and ask her to explain. She is a woman whom by an act of nature cannot have sexual relations with a man. She is a special kind of wonderful.

LAST UPDATED: September 20, 2011 - 0514PM