Demolition Team works on ROBERT

|
We were in the middle of a heated argument that one hot afternoon and I was baffled by something he said that didn’t make sense at the time. Jim Mackey, an acquaintance with a mysterious past and lifestyle said something that haunted me for a while. He said, “You’d better do as you’re told. I don’t want you to have any problems with Brad”. I committed that to memory wondering all this time what he meant and why it was said in such a threatening manner.

It took a while but the answer to that riddle came a few days ago (November 1). I was at the Aliso Viejo Library and in comes another acquaintance I met many weeks ago named Brad who went off on a mindless and disturbing verbal assault. “Did you want to see a demonstration of an Apple being crushed by a person’s bare hands?” he asked. I’m busy right now, I retorted. Well, you’d better tell me who’s been circling my car. You and your Israeli friend – the one you said was trying to poison you with an Apple. Oh, and I read your blog and you are deranged. You are like a kid!” All this within ear shot of people at the library. “I don’t know what you are talking about. If you have a problem about people walking around your car, don’t drive your car around here”, I said. "Don’t tell me where to drive my car. You punk", he replied. Off course, none of things he claims I said were true and were calculated to paint a picture of me that isn't flattering.

In the business of "Loss Mitigation" there is such a thing as “Identity Demolition”. This is an example of a skilled “provocateur” trying to snare an individual into a no-win confrontation in a public place – in a quite library, no less - where everyone can hear and make unfavorable judgments about the person who is the target. The idea is to make the target so angry that he is trapped into behaving in a way that is embarrassing, socially unacceptable and destructive to his or her reputation. This is part of a dirty tricks toolkit used by very powerful organizations and individuals threatened by an expensive lawsuit or a major expose.

The high stakes world of power and money are full of these types of organizations who send out teams of very efficient and well-paid operators to sniff out everything about a potential plaintiff before a trial. They descend on a target and try to unearth every single piece of information that could be used against him or her – affairs, bankruptcies, criminal record, persons with adverse opinions, enemies, bad debt etc. A full blown civil action may cost up to several millions to bring to trial. But if a potentially disastrous case can be settled early, the better off the defendants are.

There is a very seedy side to that business. I’ve heard stories of prostitutes specializing in these kinds of things being sent out to put a person in very uncompromising positions. One elicit affair and all they have to say is, “we have pictures of you and a whore”. If the person is married and has children, continuing the lawsuit becomes a difficult proposition considering everything will become public.

There are a number of objectives that “Identity Demolition Teams” try to achieve. First, they try to make a person look like someone else entirely by highlighting the unsavory parts of the person’s life and character. Second, they try to find a way to settle the case. If the person is financially vulnerable, they come with inducements of money and other gifts. If that is not possible, they find a way to put the person in a situation where they will need money. For instance, if the person is a realtor, they will send out a number of fake clients to tie the individual up with endless requests for property showings and meetings, enough to keep the target busy and produce a pipeline of deals of which none will fund and certainly create a desperate bind teetering on financial disaster. At the optimum moment, they come in with an offer that the target could not refuse. The money is secondary. What they need above all else is to keep their reputation intact by avoiding the possibility of the case being covered by the media. A settled case will almost certainly specify the non-disclosure of terms making it difficult to gauge the level of culpability and guilt, thereby keeping their reputation unassailed.

THE STORY OF JIM MACKEY
By any measure, Jim Mackey is an interesting man. He claims to be an Archeologist with an undergraduate degree from UCSB, UC Berkeley and has a law degree from UCLA. Over time, I’ve befriended him because of his unusual lifestyle, something I am quite familiar with. By all accounts he sleeps in his Chrysler van and have several federal cases filed in Pro Per (Self-Represented) docketed in various courts across the country. He also makes a living picking baseballs at local baseball parks and selling it on Ebay. On particular days during the month, he goes to REI sales all over the western USA and purchases tents and other outdoor equipment for resale. I’ve gone to such trips with him – Arizona, Northern California and Southern California REI Stores. The last of which was in San Diego just recently. I personally negotiated the purchase and secured absolute rock bottom pricing for a number of tents.

When we got back from San Diego, we came to terms with my compensation. Except for fast food dinners, up until that point I have not been paid on any of the trips I made with him. I have been out of a car for several months now and have been living on the streets. As we were driving around, we stumbled upon a Mercedes Benz Diesel 300D that was for sale for $560. We ended up negotiating for the purchase of the Mercedes Benz as well as a Cadillac that the owner was also trying to sell. We entered into a "Purchase Contract" and placed a $100 deposit for delivery of either cars. The cars were to be my compensation for the trips I’ve made in the past with him. He was so happy with the way I negotiated the deal with the REI people on the last trip that he in fact said that, (I) was a good businessman. There were a number of things that the owner of the cars needed to do before he could deliver the cars and so we agreed to talk again in a couple of days to arrange for delivery.

The day after, Jim and I went to a local park to inspect the used tents for damages. Repairs had to be made prior to it being resold online. That afternoon, we set up over 10 tents. During the course of the day, the Sheriff’s Department paid us a visit. Apparently, a resident made a complaint thinking we were setting up a homeless tent city. After explaining what we were doing to the deputy, Jim promised to disassemble the tents before the end of the day. It just so happened that we had an earlier conversation with another acquaintance, Linda Luther aka Fei Lin Fong who was coming into town by train. We agreed to pick her up at the San Juan Capistrano Train Station at about 645PM. At around 630PM, Jim directed me to stay behind and watch the tents. His reason is that he wanted for Linda to see what we purchased. Considering my history with the Sheriff’s Department and the forthcoming civil rights case that I am drafting against them, I declined his coercive request.

Despite that, he persisted in a threatening manner arousing my anger. Considering the potential backlash of another Sheriff’s encounter which I was sure was going to happen, I was indignant. “Why don’t you have Kyle watch your f***ing tents, I replied. His nephew, Kyle, lives in the community and not very far from the park. That was when he uttered those words that did not make sense until only recently – “You’d better do as you are told. I don’t want you to have any problems with Brad”. At this point, I was incensed and defiant. So I gathered my things – my backpack and my notebook computer – and started heading back to the middle of town. The last time I spoke to Jim, he claimed that a number of tents were stolen that evening. On top of that, the cars that we’ve negotiated haven’t been delivered to me. It appears, Jim had pulled out of the transaction and reneged on our agreement to pay my wages.

THE STORY OF BRAD
I first met Brad one morning as I was walking out of the Neighborhood Cup with my then employer Luis Vargas. “Are you by chance Robert”, he inquired. “Yes”, I said. I was referred to him by Jim who said that I could help him with a ticket that he had. Like Jim, he was also living in a car. So, I said that I had to work but would meet him in the afternoon.

Back at the Neighborhood Cup, he regaled me with tales of his many run-ins with the law. He claims that there are a number of police officers in Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach who he named individually that are corrupt. The same police officers, so he claims, on a number of occasions used their badge to maliciously target him. He even told me that he was once detained for 5150 – law enforcement parlance for a psychiatric hold because he threatened to hurt her sister who he claims tried to poison him. It wasn’t very long that I made the determination that I had a mental case on my hands. Nevertheless, I tried to conduct our meeting as normally as is possible. He was trying to finish up an appeal on a traffic ticket and sought my advice.

I’ve had a chance to talk to him over the many weeks since I met him. Over a couple of meetings he introduced me to the “Wormwood Star” that he claims is a dwarf star that will orbit into our solar system and will cause catastrophic natural disasters. He even attributed the series of Tsunami in the Indian Ocean to its gravitational pull. But an encounter I had with him one morning was particularly bizarre. I was at the Neighborhood Cup and was approached by Jen, the Proprietor, who told me that the person who just walked out the door (Brad) had asked about me. It was clear that he wasn’t looking for me because Jen would have pointed me out. But rather, he was asking for information about me. That made me suspicion.

I followed him to his SUV and cordially asked him if he needed anything from me. He immediately went on a defensive. ‘Have you been circling around my car?” Do you know who’s been taking stuff from my car?” It went on and on about all the things that were taken from his car. Fortunately, I was able to get out of that conversation and get back to my work feeling like I just got away from a psycho.

Unfortunately, the encounter with Brad at the library could not be avoided. He walked right up to my table and started ranting off his psychosis within earshot of other people. It was magnified by the fact that we were at a quite library.

THE CASE
So far, I’ve created some very powerful enemies that are just at the verge of getting their close-up in the media. They are running out of time and must dig up some very unsavory things about me. This is evidenced by unusual things that I’ve been experiencing - intercepted mail, blocked emails, sabotaged business dealings and situations that are clearly designed to make me commit criminal acts just to survive.

If I had to make a case, I will show this is the handy work of rogue elements of the law enforcement community whose operations are just about to be uncovered by discoveries that I must do on my case against the OC Sheriff’s Department. I’ve had to think back to events that happened in the past that may have caused them to investigate me. My search in time, the juggling of memory came up with one very strong possibility. I once did business with a self-confessed Mexican Mafia named Donald “Curly” Castro while I was still a mortgage banker. I saved three million dollar beach-front properties he owned in Laguna Beach that were in foreclosure. He claims to have been the cellmate of Michael Milken, the famed Wall Street financier who ran Drexel, Burnham Lambert. Castro also claimed to have had ties with the group that killed DEA Agent Enrique Camarena in Mexico. For the most part, I found his stories unbelievable only because he was in foreclosure. If he was really a drug king-pin, how was it that he was out of money? But after a while, I became convinced he was on the radar of the FBI, DEA and other specialized law enforcement teams. In a case as complex as his with many varying jurisdictions that span North America, they probably had a joint task force including elements of both state and federal law enforcement agencies.

So the plot thickens. Why is the law enforcement community all of a sudden interested in my situation? I am not clear about that but my search led to another question. Did they commit criminal acts while investigating my dealings with Donnie Castro? Around that time my business, Capital America Corporation, became insolvent under unusual circumstances. But even more troubling, my marriage collapsed under the weight of extreme financial difficulties. Put in a different way, it appears they didn’t have anything that they can use to charge me with so instead they destroyed my livelihood and then my life. I hope not, because that would be wholly Un-American and unbecoming the members of our law enforcement community. The dynamic duo (Jim & Brad) just gave me a reason to find out.

What you must know is this: It would serve their interests well if I were to remain homeless because homelessness is just a few steps away from mental illness. They would love nothing more than to be able to call me mentally ill in front of a jury. It appears, they are throwing everything at the wall hoping something sticks. The good thing about that is that they are making a lot of mistakes, which I will show in court.

VIEW THE PICTURE ALBUM