Will ROBERT get a boat and a job?

|
Half the year is already over. Where did all that time go? When you are homeless, you wish that you can slow down the time and make the days longer than it is. When the sun starts to set, slowly but surely, you find yourself faced with your reality. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked the city after dark and noticed how many buildings line the streets in Aliso Viejo’s business district. All of which have doors of varying kinds – some ornate, some practical and some simple. Yet, none of them would open for me. I’m fortunate that I have yet to sleep by a dumpster like many of the homeless. I’ve been able to find four different places where I could bed at night. One is the 24 Hour Fitness in Aliso Viejo. The three others I will keep a secret until I get a place of my own. Then, I’ll load pictures on the net so our readers can see it.

I’ve put in an offer to purchase a boat slipped at the Dana Point Marina. If that goes through, I’ll have a place to sleep and work. Until my stay on Felix’ boat recently, I didn’t know that I could actually sleep on a small boat with all the ocean action it is subject to. I was actually pleasantly surprised. The ambiance of the marina makes for an interesting place to live, work and play as well.

I’ve been emailing the seller of the boat for days now. But it appears that negotiations have stalled. I haven’t heard from him in a few days. There were a number of concerns that I shared with him that hasn’t been addressed to my satisfaction. The boat was built in 1968 and still has the original engine that didn’t show very well when I went to inspect it. Like anything mechanical, wear and tear has a way of bringing about an engine’s demise. Sometimes it comes sooner, sometimes it comes later but it certainly has a way of getting around.

I thought purchasing a boat would be a sensible first acquisition – a good starting place to engineer my comeback. I’ve calculated that if I were to do that, I could keep my housing expenses just under $500. That’s quite remarkable for the ocean cities, particularly South Orange County, where a one-bedroom apartment is around $1600. The great news is that I may soon have a steady income. That will likely be finalized in a day or so. That way, I can continue my fights. Only this time with even greater resolve.

All my actions will soon be re-filed in federal court and that’s a big step up for a self-represented litigator like myself. I recently went with Felix to file some papers at the Ronald Reagan Federal Courthouse in Santa Ana and I was completely in awe of the facility. I can tell that appearing in front of a federal judge will be a special event for me. I looked around and told myself, this is going to be my new battleground. I very much look forward to the next phase of the legal wars. To make the changes I seek, I cannot allow myself to think of it in any other way.

PICS OF REAGAN FEDERAL COURTHOUSE