ROBERT'S car impounded ...

|
I am blogging on one of the public computers at the Dana Point Public Library courtesy of our thoughtful and very powerful friends - the government. On Tuesday the OC Sheriff's Department finally decided to tow my car after many weeks at the Aliso Viejo Library. On the 5th of April, the Child Support Services suspended my license for failure to pay child support payments. I didn't want to risk getting a ticket for driving without a license so I decided to leave my car wherever it was at the moment the clock struck 12:00PM - Midnight. It just so happened it was at the AV Library and there she stayed and precisely where I've been sleeping all this time.

On Tuesday, the 9th of June, the library had just closed at 9PM, I found two deputies waiting for me in by my car. The night before, two other deputies roused me from my sleep at about 3AM and distinctly gave me 72 Hours to get my car out of the parking lot rendering the impound that occured within 24 Hours improper and cause for legal action. I'll have to subpoena their squad car tape that should have been rolling that evening. I did not get the deputies' names that early morning but I'm quite sure I could identify them in a line-up. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera beside me to record that wake up call. I did, however, film my encounter this Tuesday (the 9th) and had an interesting, if not a spirited, discussion with the lead deputy about the 1st Amendment and the 4th Amendment. I had to leave my computer and other personal effects with my friend after they towed my car because I wasn't sure where I was going to end up staying. I slept at the 24 Hr Fitness for a couple of hours. Because I don't have my computer, I could not upload the film on YouTube. I'll have the footage on the blog as soon as I retrieve my computer and find a hotspot. I should be able to do that the next few days. As for now, I am sleeping on a friend's boat and made arrangements to stay a few more days. Stay tuned.