Why the Funny Blog Series?

|
Humor has the amazing power to pick us up.

If it were left to me, I would live my life on the ragged edge. In the past, I have often sought experiences that should only be done once. Since the beginning of this adventure, of becoming a litigator without a law degree, I thought it necessary for my well-being to be surrounded with a lot of humor. The serial aspect of the characters, which appears every 7th, 14th and the 23rd of every month puts forth a work structure that requires that I devote time and effort to producing something humorous. This is my way of making sure that the mind takes regular respites from the demands of litigation and the constant search for resources when one lives at a subsistent level.

The characters that I’ve developed are aspirational as well as symbolic of relationships that I have in my life that have been in one way or another affected by my current situation. Yestradamus – the anti-Nostradamus – is suggestive of the things that I want to happen in my life. They say that the best way to make things happen is to make a prediction and work hard to make it a reality.

As they begin to come to life in my mind, Rich & Nina are proving to be the most interesting characters of the group. The life-changing event of being a victim of mistaken identity and being labeled a stalker is, for me, extreme as extreme gets. That simply never happens to people. I have filed suit against Shea Properties, the builder of the San Francisco Golden Bridge, just to clear my name. In the first place, I still don’t know who it was that has accused me of stalking her and what the circumstances were. The story of Rich & Nina is one of passionate unrequited love. In the real world, our man Rich can easily be called a stalker because his nature encapsulates the male species’ susceptibility to ungovernable and very deep feelings – particularly towards a woman. I want to try to explore that part of a man’s experience and see if I can have fun with it.

The “Mo Tales” is a story about a mother who has serious issues with his son. One of the lawsuits I filed was against two of my brothers and involves property rights and breach of a covenant. Fortunately, my mother, although she sides with my other brother, still demonstrates in no uncertain terms that she loves me. If she were less of a woman, things could have been very different. The “Mo Tales Series” is illustrative of what it could have been like between my Mother and I had she withdrawn her affection from me.

One of the goals of this adventure – the series of lawsuits – is to start my life over with a clean slate. I’m determined not to stop until I’ve attained that goal. I told myself that if I were to pursue this, my life would be turned upside down. And, indeed, it has. The only way that I can get through this portion of my life is to inject humor, however inappropriate, to ensure I come out in one wholesome piece.

I invite you to come along with me on this adventure.