Two Birds with One Stone ...

|
Out of necessity, I’ve developed “multi-tasking” skills that are simply par to none. My needs have become so unwieldy that strategic use of resources and time has become almost second nature. Currently, I have a long list of items on my “Needs List” that I’ve been acquiring one by one over time. Sometimes, I’m fortunate enough to be able to get my hands around something that serves more than one purpose. On an earlier blog, I shared one of my dreams of campaigning in the 24 Hours of Le Mans with equipment powered by Hydrogen (THE BLOG  ). On another blog I have called “Hydrogen Lacambra”, I announced my plans to assemble a team of amateurs to start campaigning in endurance races beginning next year (THE BLOG ). All the things required for that project falls under a section of my needs list called "Zero-Emissions". 

Another critical item on my needs list is an acceptable place to conduct all my depositions in the future. The "Deposition " is usually the scourge of the law profession and a gift to abusive lawyers, as it becomes the tool in which deponents are badgered or verbally assaulted. Offending lawyers use depositions as a weapon to exact the most amount of inconvenience and embarrassment by questioning a deponent about their personal lives.

The Danish Philosopher Kierkegaard once said, “Our life expresses the results of our dominant thoughts”. The most dominant thoughts swirling in my head usually centers around the search for two things. First, the tools I need to advance my legal battles. And second, things that are recreational and that give me balance in my life. I came upon an opportunity to fulfill both needs recently. As of yesterday, I joined the ranks of the few, the proud and the essential corps of individuals who deliver pizza to your doorsteps. Litigation has gotten very expensive that I had to take a part-time job so I can pay for all the document production and photocopying. What that means is that I can now start putting in some valuable seat time preparing for endurance races in the coming year in a racecar that doubles as a pizza delivery car. At the same time, I found the perfect place to hold my depositions. It will be no place other than a “Pizza Parlor”. The pizza will be on me because we’ll be there the whole day. As a litigator, I am allowed up to 7 hours of questioning per day. I’ll even supply the free soda.

Those buffoons have no idea what they have coming – those Shandy drinking killjoys!

Disclaimer:
Robert does not break any of the traffic laws in the city in which he delivers. He merely practices the Le Mans starts by running to the car when he begins his delivery and when leaving the patron's house.