A Deputy's Warning (on behalf of the Cup)

|
Litigation is the basic right that guarantees every corporation its decade in court. (David Porter, US Naval Officer)
As a general rule, people are not allowed to camp-out anywhere in the City of Aliso Viejo. But even homeless individuals must have a place of their own. Some of the indigents in the city have constructed elaborate dwellings with tents and scraps of discarded materials. They've built their homes in hard to reach places - close to a creek or a place where tall faura are in abundance to hide them from plain view. Some locations are so discreet that they are able to leave without worrying about losing their personal belongings. Many more live in cars that they park at a local WalMart or Vons Market at night.

Unfortunately, an elaborately constructed tent-cave or a car is not in my portfolio of holdings. I have a sleeping bag stashed in a conspicuous location. Depending on circumstances and the weather, I usually go to one preferred spot for my evening rest. A deep sleep is not anything that I can expect anymore. All I get is rest and copious amounts of caffeine to get me alert and awake the next day.

A number of individuals actually know that I go there at night, either by my own admission or by them seeing me there. There are a couple of reasons why I chose that spot. First, aware that I am a subject to the FBI’s operations I have taken precautions to insure ordinary people are not easily swayed by the stories that the FBI have concocted.

I have known of their attempts to make me appear like someone that I am not. One of the profiles that they are trying to build up is a male prostitute like those desperate runaways that we read in the news. Off course, I am not anything like that. In fact, I have frustrated many of their “UN Women” that as a fallback they are now fabricating a profile of a homosexual. It’s actually funny. I sleep where I do because it is impossible to entertain people there at night. It is almost in the open and subject to people’s view.

Early in the morning at around 530AM, I heard footsteps and saw the familiar shine of a flashlight - distinct from car headlights because of the very fast almost twitching motion it creates when the individual carrying it is walking. It was from a member of the OC Sheriff’s Department. “Robert?” one of the deputies asked - a sure sign that I was reported by someone else. “Yes”, I replied, removing the blanket I wrap around my head. “What are you doing here”, the second deputy asked. “I’m homeless and I am sleeping here”., I replied. “Do you know that you are not supposed to be here?” “Yes”, I retorted. “We’ll you’ll have to either go or we’ll have to take you to jail”. he said. “Do you really want to take me to jail?”, I asked. “I don’t want to. But, if I had to, I will”,  he shot back.

There was a discussion about a homeless shelter in Laguna Beach and other cities that would let me stay for the night. It was close to daylight so the point was moot. But I inquired about how I may be able to get there without a car. No answer. One of the deputies also told me he was aware that I’ve been sleeping outdoors for six years. Four years, I corrected him. Then, we broached on the idea of throwing me in jail. I have thought about this before, because this was not the first time that I have been threatened with incarceration. I told them that I would rather go to jail.

Why would anyone want to go to jail? I hate to admit it, but it will get my cases through the courts faster. I will have storage for my case files, food so I wouldn’t go hungry, access to a law library, my filing fees will be waived and my belongings wouldn’t be open season to the FBI disruptive operations. If you are not aware, I am down to two bags of belongings. All my case files and documents have all been lost. My Mac 4G was stolen and with it were all the attorney product work and discoveries that are virtually impossible to recreate.

The next line of questioning was surprising and disturbing. “Did you know that you are banned from the Neighborhood Cup?”. “Yes”, I replied. I also told them that I haven’t spoken to the owner but need to see him to serve him papers. He warned me that if I were to enter the place, I will be brought to jail. Then, they turned and left. I rolled back into my sleeping bag and tried to get some more rest. The question lingered, why did the new owners of the Neighborhood Cup go to these lengths. Are they assets of the FBI?

Isn’t that interesting, though? Two blogs ago, I boasted that I was welcome to just about every establishment in the city. Then, I get banned from the Neighborhood Cup, the place that served as my office for about 4 years. They (the FBI) must think they have chalked up a victory. If they did, that will prove to be a serious mistake.

That is why I am an indigent litigator! It’s actually quite invigorating. You’ll never know what will happen next. All I have to do now is invite members of the press to have coffee with me at the Neighborhood Cup. They could film the OC's finest haul me away in handcuffs.


Who is not ready?