Mo Tales, The Cigar Incident

|
I have never seen her like this in the many months that I have known her. She seemed to have a glow to her that told me she is happy and content. Her greetings were as warm as a raging campfire in an annual Boy Scout’s Jamboree. The prolonged embrace was reassuring and a welcome surprise. “Hi there”, she said while smiling and intently staring in my eyes. Have you been waiting long? I inquired. “No, not that long. I wanted some time to myself before I met with you this morning. I had the most glorious call from my longtime physician who after receiving all the test result of my blood work he said that I am healthy. Healthy, he said, as a wild goose after a long flight to the southern regions. That was a relief because as I get older the more difficult it is for my heart to cope with my son, Mo. He is such trouble to me that I was worried for a long time that my health was failing.”

About a week ago, I went on a date. Before that, the last date I had was about a year ago so I was really nervous hoping that nothing embarrasing will happen. So, I made sure that I didn’t tell Mo where I was going so he didn’t cause me any problems. I knew something bad was going to happen the moment I saw him there. I think he has my phone and house bugged because I couldn’t figure out how he knew about my friend Susan’s party. When Walter and I arrived at the party, Mo was smiling and being nice that I was suspicious. So we went around and mingled. I introduced him to all my friends and I was so happy because he always had something nice to say about me. I make sure that my dates try my Lemon Maringue Pie that I bake so well. After a while, we got separated a little bit because I tried helping around the house.

That was when all the craziness happened. I should have known because when I wasn’t looking, Mo gave Walter a cigar. I wasn’t there when it all happened but something happened and it was enough for him to storm out of the party - screaming and swearing that I was so embarrassed. Later, I found out after someone showed me a video of it. My Walter hasn’t called me since and I am so lonely that I cry myself to sleep. That’s when I went to see the doctor because my chest was feeling like the Mardi Gras was running around in there. Here, see for yourself what he did. That Mo is so bad!

That’s when she pulled her IPhone to show me what happened and this is what I saw.