Yestradamus 070708

|


The pitched darkness will succumb to its calling

A quick rush of sound and holler

A babbling of one’s center core

The liege seeking a lavish banquet


This is an uncanny reminder of a time I was on an extended mission in the jungles of Southeast Asia and I haven’t had anything to eat for days. I was sitting under the shade of a tree and all of a sudden my stomach went ballistic in a raucous sound of fury that I thought I was going to be spotted by enemy patrol.  Baaaaarrrrrraaaaaap …. my stomach said. By that time I hadn’t bathed in days and I was ready for some really seriously killer R&R. While imagining a lazy afternoon under an umbrella on a beach sipping Mai Tai, guess what comes passing me by? A chicken and a pig! I can hardly believe my eyes. Every moment, it’s own time a saying goes. What came next was amazingly described by Yestrdamus as a “lavish banquet”. By that point my hunger was all consuming that the feeding came just in the nick of time.

Yestradamus’ words were prescient when it made reference to “one’s center core.” Indeed, I was in the “Marine Corps”. The reference to the “calling” and “sound and holler” were the screeching bellows of the Drill Instructor during Boot Camp calling the recruits “maggots and good for nothing!” I’ll never forget him for as long as I live because he turned us all into fine-tuned fighting machines. But after I returned home, the only fights I was having were with my more than capable wife and I am convinced the “pitched darkness” is a reference to those nasty moments when I got clobbered by a frying pan on the side of my head.

But my analysis of this whole thing is that the Yestradamus is absolutely correct!

Analyst 147

(Robert’s Note: It appears our Analyst had far too many head on pan incidents.)