Spring Cleaning Time

|
It’s “Spring Cleaning Time” and back to the wonderful life of blogging. I took a long and much needed respite from writing recently. For some reason it seemed like it was what my body was commanding me to do. The recent rains knocked me off my sleep cycle and I haven’t been quite the same since. I intended to continue that cerebral vacation but felt left out by the many things that are happening in the world. Apart from the spectacle we call Charlie Sheen, there are also the cries of freedom from a number of countries in the Middle East. And who will ever forget the images being filed from Japan by reporters from all across the globe.
 
The wonders of modern technology gave me a chance to view clips uploaded by ordinary people from hotspots in Syria, Libya and other unknown locations in the Middle East. I also saw clips from brave amateur videographers testing their fate against the Tsunamis in Japan. None of them had any expert commentaries in the caliber of professional reporters, but the images were nonetheless riveting and compelling with nothing but the background staccato of gunfire or the fury of Tsunami’s waves pounding everything in its path. It was an interesting several days to be simply a witness.

So, the first order of business is to update the blog(s), particularly the RobertsJustice site. All the links need to be rechecked just to make sure that they are still working properly. I rely much upon YouTube clips that were uploaded by other people. Unfortunately, from time to time, they remove it on their own accord, invalidating the links that our sites were directing to. Unless we go back and check the many links on our site, we wouldn’t even learn of it.

There are actually a couple of civil actions that are not included on the site - Lacambra v. OC Sheriff’s Department and Lacambra v. Mackey. Of course, both cases are available publicly at the courts in which they were filed. My excuse is that I have lost access to my scanner. That is a story that I will discuss on another blog entry because I have yet to find out how it is that the person I entrusted it to simply vanished and is unable to return my calls. Considering my limited budget as an indigent litigator, the cost of scanning is simply cost-prohibitive at this time. Furthermore, I have no easy access to any of the files at the moment. I now carry a duffel-bag full of clothing, a roll-away and a computer case, representing the balance of my possessions. So, carrying voluminous case files is simply out of the question. Having said that, we will endeavor to upload both files on to our site as soon as we can.